Starry Night Pro Plus 7 Astronomy Software
- Leave Earth and explore the universe from the comfort of home with Starry Night Pro Plus Version 7
- Explore over 16 million stars and an expanded catalog of 200,000 3D galaxies
- Zoom in on the first-ever color AllSky CCD mosaic of the entire sky, to magnitude of 14-15
- Control most popular computerized telescopes using Pro Plus as your graphical interface
- Explore the relic radiation left over from the Big Bang with new Sky Survey maps.
New and advanced features let you tour the cosmos like never before! Starry Night Pro Plus 7 enhances your observation experiences with the first-ever, full-color photograph of the entire night sky. You can explore the starry skies anytime as you quickly and easily navigate this single, seamless, full-color CCD image mosaic comprised of 20,000 individual images taken with a custom-built optical system. Also, make the most of Starry Night Pro Plus and its enhanced telescope controls to find target objects and capture exposures using the new plug-in to MaxIm DL imaging software (MaxIm software sold separately). This innovative integration lets you find your target, take and process pictures with MaxIm DL, and then import these pictures back into Starry Night Pro Plus.
Starry Night Pro Plus 7 makes it easier than ever to access professional grade features and databases, and control your telescope. Engineered for precision, designed for research, and continually evolving for the astronomer who expects the very best in-class planetarium experience.
Tons of new features included in the all new Starry Night Pro Plus Version 7!
- Planetary Texture Collection offers up to 100 planet and moon maps showing rock and element locations, mineral composition, chemical distribution, gravity, magnetic field, notable topographic features, and much more
- All Sky Survey Images from Planck, IRAS-COBE and 2 Micron reveal a dramatically different view of our sky and let you explore the relic radiation left over from the Big Bang.
- Improved Telescope Support.
- Expanded asteroid catalog with highlighted/highlightable families and groups.
- Updated Equipment List includes the latest telescopes, eyepieces, and accessories.
- Analemma can now be drawn on a planet's surface
- Exclusive Extragalactic 3D Database includes over 200,000 galaxies encompassing over 1 billion lights years of space
- New Photorealistic Horizon Panoramas make you feel like you are there.
- All known exoplanets as 3D bodies with proper location, size, orbit and planetary texture
- Stunning new user interface with Universal Search, locates sky objects, favorite files, SkyGuide pages, options, events, and more.
- New highly detailed surface textures of planets and major moons
- All stars accurately rendered as 3-dimensional bodies with classification-appropriate color, texture and relative radii.
- Expanded set of "Space Missions" including 30 new detailed and accurate 3D models of spacecraft and their trajectories. Updates to new/ongoing missions.
- The most precise planetary positions available (using Jet Propulsion Laboratory, JPL-DE-422 ephemerides.)
- 3500 unique object text descriptions for stars, planets, moons, satellites, exoplanets, space missions, deep sky objects and more.
- Restyled SkyGuide with updated tours and media.
- Advanced Planet Rendering for terrain shadows, specular reflections on water, and city night lights on dark side (Earth only).
- Updated Messier catalog with new visually stunning images for star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies.
- Zoom in on the first-ever color All Sky CCD mosaic of the entire sky, to magnitude of 14-15
- Connect to MaxIm DL to take pictures with your telescope and camera and import them into Starry Night.
- Observational Planner
- Ephemeris Generator
- Graph Tool
- Improved Telescope Control
- Equipment List
- FOV Indicators
- Image Editor
- 180 degrees field of view
- Advanced Guides (hour Angle, Precession, Galactic/Extra-Galactic)
- Path Options (Celestial and Local Paths)
- Orbit Editor
- Night Vision
- Advanced Light Pollution Settings
- Location Markers and Surface Feature Outlines
- 12 Milky Way Spectrums
- Travel in time from 99,999 BCE to 99,999 ACE
- Millions of Deep Sky Object Databases
- Explore 16 million stars
- Celestial Event Finder
- Starry Night Companion, a 192-page illustrated astronomy book PDF (embedded within the program)
- New, comprehensive 146-page User's Guide PDF (embedded within the program)
Windows 8/7/Vista or Macintosh OS X 10.7 or higher. 1GHz or higher processor, 1 GB RAM and 12 GB of hard disk space. 128 MB OpenGL 1.4 capable graphics card.