Orion MoonMap 260
- The meticulously detailed MoonMap 260 is a must-have for any backyard astronomer
- Map identifies over 260 lunar features including craters, valleys, ancient lava flows, mountain ranges, all successful US and Soviet lunar mission landing sites, and more
- Conveniently laminated for protection against dew, dirt, and the elements
- Measures 25.25" x 11" when fully unfolded, and folds up to 8.5" x 11" for easy portability
- Includes both correct-image and reversed "mirror image" maps of the Moon for easy use with binoculars, unaided eyes, or any telescope.
The MoonMap identifies over 260 of the most popular lunar surface features including craters, mountain ranges, valleys, rilles, "seas" and more. Each feature is cross-referenced in the MoonMap's tables with its official name, size and a brief description. In addition to lunar landscape features, all successful spacecraft landing sites from US Apollo, Surveyor and Ranger Probe missions as well as Soviet Luna Probe missions are also clearly identified on the map.
We've designed the Orion MoonMap 260 with versatility in mind. Both a correct-image and reversed, or "mirror image" view of the Moon are included on the map, so it can be used when observing the Moon with unaided eyes, binoculars; or any refractor, reflector, or Cassegrain telescope. The map is conveniently laminated for use in almost any weather.
Using the MoonMap 260 is easy. Simply find the reference number of the lunar feature you wish to identify on the map, and then look up its name using the map's numerical index. Conversely, if you wish to locate a specific named feature with your telescope or binoculars, use the map's numerical index to find the lunar feature's reference number, then locate the number and feature on the map. For ease of use, the reference numbers are roughly ordered from north to south (top to bottom).
The Orion MoonMap 260 measures 25.25" x 11" when fully unfolded, and folds up to 8.5" x 11". The tri-fold MoonMap 260 is plastic laminated for long-lasting durability as well as protection against dew, dirt, and the occasional coffee spill.
Whether you're an experienced amateur astronomer or a novice just beginning to explore the night sky, the MoonMap 260 will help you make each moonlit night more memorable. It's a must-have for any of our fellow "Luna"tics!