Orion Jupiter Map & Observing Guide
- Beautifully detailed map of the largest planet in our solar system
- Loaded with useful observing tips to help optimize your views of Jupiter
- Includes lists of all Jupiter oppositions, observable conjunctions from 2014 to 2020
- Features an illustrated selection of rare Jovian moon events from 2014 to 2020
- Plastic-laminated for durability, the Jupiter Map measures 25.25" x 11" when fully unfolded, and folds up to 8.5" x 11" for easy portability.
The largest planet in our solar system is a joy to explore with a telescope, and the Orion Jupiter Map & Observing Guide is loaded with educational information and tips to help you get the most out of each and every view of Jupiter. With its bold equatorial cloud belts and swirling storms including the famous Great Red Spot, the planet Jupiter is an ideal telescopic target for beginners and experienced stargazers alike. The Orion Jupiter Map & Observing Guide is packed with observing tips, filter recommendations for viewing and imaging Jupiter, and features beautifully detailed images of the gas giant planet. Use it along with your telescope to identify Jovian atmospheric features including belts, zones, regions, and bright and dark features using official nomenclature.
Jupiter's four brightest moons; Io, Europa, Callisto and Ganymede, provide backyard astronomers with a different view each night as they orbit the gas giant planet in a celestial dance. The Jupiter Map & Observing Guide includes a list of helpful hints for observing Jupiter's Galilean moons, and features an illustrated selection of rare Jovian moon events from 2014 to 2020, making it easy to plan observing sessions so you don't miss any of these unique moon formations around the gas giant planet. This ideal tool for observing Jupiter even includes lists of all oppositions, conjunctions, and even asteroid flyby events from 2014 to 2020.
The Jupiter Map & Observing Guide measures 25.25" x 11" when fully unfolded, and folds up to 8.5" x 11". The tri-fold Jupiter Map & Observing Guide is plastic laminated for long-lasting durability as well as protection against dew, dirt, and the occasional coffee spill.