Orion Atlas EQ-G Computerized GoTo Telescope Mount
- The heavy-duty Atlas EQ-G equatorial telescope mount and tripod has ample strength to support up to a 40-lb. equipment load to easily manage all visual or astrophotographic applications
- Select from among 42,900 celestial objects to explore using the intuitive menus on the computerized GoTo hand controller
- Internal DC stepper motors offer nine slew rates ranging from 2x to 800x sidereal and three tracking rates: sidereal, lunar, and solar
- Features a convenient CCD autoguider jack ; weighs 54 lbs. without counterweights attached
- Includes an illuminated polar-axis scope for easy polar-alignment, 13" dovetail mounting plate, two 11-lb. counterweights, 12V DC power cable, RS-232 cable, and more - requires external 12-volt DC power source or AC-to-DC wall adapter (sold separately) for motorized operation.
The Atlas EQ-G has become a favorite of amateur astronomers all over the globe thanks to its consistent performance, low price, and accurate GoTo functionality. The Orion Atlas EQ-G Mount can lead you and your telescope to a variety of celestial wonders on any clear night with its sophisticated GoTo system database of well over 42,000 objects. Once a simple alignment procedure is completed, the Atlas EQ-G's included hand controller lets you select an object from intuitive menus, and then command the mount to automatically pinpoint them in the attached telescope. If you're not sure what to look for in the vast starry skies, the Atlas does! You can choose the tour function to have the Atlas EQ-G lead you on an astronomical sightseeing adventure. Once an object is centered, The Atlas EQ-G Mount's robust internal DC stepper motors track the object for comfortable extended views. The internal motors offer nine slew rates ranging from 2x to 800x sidereal and three tracking rates: sidereal, lunar, and solar.
Astrophotographers love the Orion Atlas EQ-G Computerized GoTo Telescope Mount due to its precise tracking performance, affordable price, and robust load capacity. Since most astrophotography setups consist of multiple heavy pieces of equipment, an astrophotography mount must be capable of supporting hefty loads while also providing smooth, accurate tracking. Backlash compensation and programmable PEC provide the responsiveness for guiding and the tracking accuracy needed for astrophotography. There's also a jack for a CCD autoguider built right into the Atlas EQ-G Mount, so it's easy to add guided accuracy to all of your astrophotos.
Strong and solid, the Atlas EQ-G Computerized GoTo Telescope Mount weighs in at 54 lbs. and includes two 11 lb. counterweights for a total assembled weight of 76 lbs. The versatile Atlas EQ-G mount head sports a dual-width dovetail attachment saddle which allows secure attachment of both narrow "Vixen-style" or wider "Losmandy-style" dovetail mounting plates. The included tripod boasts big, 2" diameter steel legs for enhanced stability. Thanks to its rock-solid construction, the Atlas EQ-G equatorial mount can support telescope tube assemblies or equipment combinations of up to 40 lbs. An included RS-232 interface cable, illuminated polar-axis scope, and 13" long "Vixen-style" narrow dovetail mounting plate round out the features of this impressive GoTo equatorial mount.
The Atlas EQ-G requires an external 12-volt DC power source, such as an Orion Dynamo Pro (sold separately) or AC-to-DC wall adapter (sold separately) for motorized operation.
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only.
- Best for imaging
- Astro-imaging capability
Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- Weight rating
- Dovetail bar system
- Motor drive compatibility
Clock drive included
- Computerized compatibility
- Alignment procedure
3-Star Alignment, 2-Star Alignment, 1-Star Alignment
- Number of objects in database
- Tracking rates
Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Motor speeds
3.4°/sec(800x), 600x, 500x, 400x, 64x, 32x, 16x, 8x, 2x, 1.75x, 1.5x, 1.25x
- Motor type
Microstep driven stepper motors
- Bearing material
Sealed ball bearings
- Power requirement
12-volt DC - 2A (tip positive)
- Backlash compensation
- Latitude range
- Setting circles
- Polar-axis scope
Two 11 lb.
- Available ports
- Tripod leg diameter
- Counterweight bar length
- Diameter of counterweight shaft
- Height range of mount
40.00 in. - 61.50 in.
- Weight, fully assembled