Orion SkyView Pro 8" Equatorial Reflector Telescope
- A proverbial light bucket 8" reflector telescope on our stable SkyView Pro equatorial (EQ) mount will provide hour after hour of stargazing fun for the whole family
- Big 8" parabolic primary mirror and 1000mm focal length (f/4.9) make the SkyView Pro 8 an ideal telescope for viewing deep-space objects such as cloudy nebulas, distant galaxies, and both open and globular star clusters
- Also capable of breathtaking views of closer cosmic fare like the planets of our solar system and the Moon
- SkyView Pro equatorial mount with stainless steel tripod provides excellent stability and smooth manual tracking control with the included slow-motion control knobs
- Includes smooth-adjusting 2" Crayford focuser, two Sirius Plossl 1.25" eyepieces (25mm and 10mm focal lengths), 8x40 finder scope, collimation cap, Starry Night software, and more!
The Orion SkyView Pro 8 Equatorial Reflector Telescope has long been admired for its winning combination of outstanding optics and a rock-solid mount. This is one big telescope, capable of providing big, bright views of cosmic curiosities.
The reflecting telescope features an 8" (203mm) parabolic primary mirror, which gives you a whopping 73% more light grasp than a 6" telescope. More light gathering ability means the Orion SkyView Pro 8 EQ reflector will display brighter, sharper images for both visual study and astrophotographic pursuits.
You'll be delighted with beautiful views of the night sky when using the SkyView Pro 8 Equatorial Reflector Telescope. You can go way beyond the Messier catalog with this telescope! Thanks to its substantial aperture, the 8" SkyView Pro gathers enough light for pleasing views of faint and elusive deep sky objects which you simply cannot detect with smaller diameter instruments. When aimed at the Moon or planets of the solar system, the Orion SkyView Pro 8 Equatorial Reflector Telescope's 1000mm focal length (f/4.9) gives you the ability to resolve fine detail at high power.
Stability for the big 8" aperture reflector is supplied courtesy of the included Orion SkyView Pro Equatorial Mount. Equatorial mounts (commonly called EQ mounts for short) can be aligned with Polaris, the North Star, so that the attached telescope can easily follow celestial objects as they appear to migrate across the night sky using either manual slow-motion controls or an optional electronic motor drive system (motor drive sold separately). If you're interested in using the SkyView Pro 8 for astrophotography, you'll need an optional motor drive or GoTo upgrade kit to capture extended exposures of the night sky. The stalwart Orion SkyView Pro Equatorial mount and steel tube tripod provide a stable platform that's so smooth you'll think the telescope is floating on air.
The SkyView Pro 8 EQ Reflector telescope features a precise 2" Crayford-style focuser with a 1.25" telescope eyepiece adapter and focus lock knob. Standard accessories that come with the 8" reflector telescope include an 8x40 finder scope, two 1.25" Sirius Plossl telescope eyepieces (25mm and 10mm focal lengths), collimation cap, and a dustcap for the front. The telescope even has a center mark on the 8" primary mirror for easy collimation, or alignment, of the optics. The SkyView Pro Equataorial mount features a handy tripod spreader tray that keeps the tripod stable and can hold accessories like eyepieces when they're not being used.
This standard, non-computerized configuration of the Orion SkyView Pro 8 Equatorial Reflector Telescope can be upgraded to GoTo capability at any time by purchasing the optional Orion GoTo Upgrade Kit for SkyView Pro EQ Telescope Mounts (sold separately).
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only.
- Best for viewing
Brighter deep sky
- Best for imaging
- User level
- Optical design
- Optical diameter
- Finder scope lens diameter
- Focal length
- Focal ratio
- Optics type
- Glass material
Sirius Plossl 25.0mm,10.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces
- Resolving power
- Lowest useful magnification
- Highest useful magnification
- Highest theoretical magnification
- Limiting stellar magnitude
- Optical quality
- Finder scope
- Secondary mirror obstruction
- Secondary mirror obstruction by diameter
- Secondary mirror obstruction by area
- Mirror coatings/over-coatings
Aluminum & Silicon Dioxide
- Mount type
- Astro-imaging capability
Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- Dovetail bar system
- Motor drive compatibility
Clock drive sold separately
- Computerized compatibility
Intelliscope system or Go-To system
- Bearing material
Sealed ball bearings
- Latitude range
- Setting circles
- Polar-axis scope
Two 7.5 lb.
- Tube material
- Tripod material
- Tripod leg diameter
- Counterweight bar length
- Diameter of counterweight shaft
- Height range of mount
42.25 in. - 55.00 in.
- Length of optical tube
- Weight, optical tube
- Weight, mount/tripod
- Weight, fully assembled
- Additional included accessories
- Other features
2" Crayford focuser