Orion Star Target Planisphere
- An extremely easy to use accessory that helps you learn the location of constellations, bright stars, and many deep-sky objects such as nebulas, galaxies, and star clusters
- Simply dial in the date and time across the top, and StarTarget shows you the sky overhead
- A perfect accessory and great learning tool for use with your telescope, binocular, or even unaided eyes
- Designed for use within 30° North and 50° North latitudes regardless of calendar year - shows locations of 100 star clusters, nebulas and galaxies for viewing with binoculars or telescope
- Made of coated, dew-resistant cardboard with a clear plastic window.
Whether you're skywatching with just your eyes, with binoculars, or with a telescope, a planisphere star chart is an essential tool you'll use time and time again. It's an invaluable reference tool for learning the constellations, identifying stars, and locating popular bright celestial objects such as galaxies, open and globular star clusters, and diffuse and planetary nebulas.
The easy to use Orion Star Target Planisphere is a rounded star chart map which you rotate in its housing to dial in the date and time. Once the preferred date and time is dialed in, the Star Target displays a nicely detailed map of the current night sky. You can then rotate the Star Target to get a sneak peek of what objects will become visible as the night goes on, or to see when objects will be ideally positioned in the sky for observation through a telescope or pair of binoculars. It's easy to plan an entire night of stargazing fun in advance with the handy Orion Star Target, since it can tell you when and where your favorite objects and constellations will be visible.
Our Orion Star Target planisphere features a detailed star map drafted by renowned celestial cartographer Wil Tirion. It shows all constellations visible from mid-northern latitudes ranging from 30° North to 50° North, as well as the locations of 100 showpiece star clusters, nebulas, and galaxies for viewing with binoculars or a telescope. The Star Target's map works year-round and year after year. On the back of the planisphere are simple instructions plus helpful viewing tips and a calendar of annual meteor showers.
The Star Target is a must for any stargazer, regardless of skill-level, but it is especially useful for beginners. The planisphere is made of coated, dew-resistant cardboard. The disk measures 8-3/8" in diameter, so it's easy to stow just about anywhere.